Friday, May 18, 2007

A Reality Check With ... Andy Baldwin (ABC's "The Bachelor")

In a recent press conference, bachelor Andy Baldwin took some time to discuss what he likes about Bevin & Tessa and what it's been like to keep everything a secret. He downplays rumors that the woman he proposed to said no & speaks openly about his life since taping The Bachelor.

On what his family thought of him doing the show…
Initially when ABC called me & made the proposition that I be the next bachelor, my mom was like, “Oh gosh Andy, what have you gotten yourself into?” They’re excited but they don’t know who I chose.

On finding someone to settle down with…
I’ve had a very busy life in the military going through medical school & diving school. I’ve been stationed all over the world & the country. It’s not something you can make happen. On this show, I didn’t know how it was going to end. I didn’t know the women that were coming out for it. It’s not a formula … falling in love & marriage & family, it’s not an equation or subjective. It’s just something that happens. I’ve had a number of serious relationships in the past and for whatever reason, it wasn’t meant to be.

On what he likes about Bevin & Tessa…
Bevin & Tessa both, as I say often on the show, are amazing women. They have different stories as to how they go to this point. Bevin is not afraid to show who she really is, she wears her emotions on her sleeve. She’s open with showing her affection & I knew she was in it without a doubt. Tessa, on the other hand, is very grounded. She’s had skepticism & doubt from the beginning. She & Bevin were best friends in the house. That interaction wasn’t shown on the show but it came into play towards the end.

On being able to reveal who he proposed to…
I’m very excited, we’re counting down the days. It’s so hard, not only on her but on me as well. We haven’t gotten to spend much 1-on-1 time together. We’re tired of looking at the past, we want to look to the future. Our love for each other as grown more & more since the finale.

On rumors that the woman he proposed to said no then changed her mind…
I’m not going to comment on that. I proposed, she said yes, and we’re very happy.

On watching the show back with his fiancĂ©…

I know what I did but it’s hard for her because all she lived out was her time with me. I did my best to prep her & let her know what she’s going to see. I told her, “Listen, honey, put yourself in my situation.” The methods & madness and the way this Bachelor format works is that you’re dating several women down to the end. Let’s focus on the future & not the past.

On seeing the girls on the episode…
When I see these episodes every Monday, it’s the first time I’m seeing it too. It was very enlightening and revealing. There were definitely some shockers. I do realize it’s edited & they’re trying to characterize people. Stephanie from South Carolina was so over the top. The footage I was really interested to see was Tahoe – what happened in their suite. That’s when everything hit the fan and it was tough on me with all the drama.

On the show being an accurate representation of him…

There are definitely some times I cringe – every time I say “amazing”. Do I really say it that much? There are times I would use big words & they would say, “No you need to say it another way. People won’t understand you.” A lot of the cheesy lines are my cheesy lines. I’m a romantic guy & that was all me. People can make fun of me as much as they want to.


Tune in to the season finale of ABC's "The Bachelor" this Monday night!


For more Bachelor links, check our sirlinksalot.net

No comments:

Google