Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Reality Check With ... Jenn (NBC's "The Apprentice")

Jenn Hoffman is a tough talking, 26 year old Long Island native. She studied sociology and communication at Arizona State University, earning a bachelor degree in interdisciplinary studies, with her last semester spent studying abroad at the University of Cambridge in England. Now a top publicist for a public relations firm in Phoenix, Jenn develops and manages full-service media plans for major corporations. She is also a features reporter for a popular local morning show in Arizona, having worked previously as both a reporter and television host. She takes time out of her busy schedule to tell us the REAL DEAL on what went down at the live finale.




On getting on the show…
I went to an open call & did all the bitchy things you could do to get on a show. I cut the line. I got myself a VIP bracelet. I acted like myself though. After the open call, they ask you to do a tape. I was really aggressive, strong, vocal.



On the editing of The Apprentice…
I feel like if you knew everything that went down, you’d feel gypped all the time. It would be too upsetting. Every episode is shaped to see who can be the final 4 in the end. The early firees (Martin, Carey, Marisa, Michelle) are portrayed like clowns. You can have these great people mid-season and they’re not going to show it. I feel I was represented accurately though. I’m usually like this crazy bitch who says whatever she thinks but for some reason, I was like a deer caught in headlights. I was a lot quieter. If I could’ve gone back, I may just have been the biggest terror The Apprentice has ever seen!

On making friends…
Derek & I talk all the time, also Aimee & Nicole. Sometimes there’s a little bit of tension. It’s not 18 normal people in the business world, it’s 18 lunatics on a reality tv show. There are certain people I roll my eyes at but I like everyone.

On being at the Hollywood Bowl…
Any live show where people come out to see you in the pouring pain is so cool! I was so honored that my family & friends came out to see me. I didn’t think the finale was very exciting but being at the venue itself was definitely exciting.

On Surya’s response that Sanjaya should be hired…
I feel partially responsible. We had dinner at Derek’s house the other night and we tease Surya, calling him "Surjaya". First of all, he didn’t want any of those 4 people to win. He felt everybody on the stage was a better candidate than those 4. He feels like those people were the bottom 4 people. He didn’t wanna say anything good about them & he didn’t wanna sound like an ass or say something bad either. I dared him to bring up the whole Sanjaya thing. It bombed on stage & I just put my head down.

On Trump firing James over “things that were said”…
We all turned to each other. I was sitting closest to Derek, Aimee, and Surya and were like, “What the hell is going on?” We still don’t know, I don’t even think James knows! When I know, I’ll tell you.

On Stefani being hired…
I did think maybe she would win. Nicole & Tim said there was no way she'd win. They have to be deluded, they love each other so they have to think the same. Trump said this show isn’t for romance which is bull because last year he picked Shaun who’s entire storyline was a showmance with Tammy. I wanted to yell out, "WHAT ABOUT TAMMY?!" Good thing my mic wasn't on!

On the lack of an after-party…
We found out last week that there would be no after-party. We felt like that was a big F.U. to us from Mark Burnett Productions. Normally, they get a sponsor, invite 2000-3000 people, and it’s huge. Either the ratings were crappy & they didn’t care or they just didn’t try. Heidi & I sprang into action & we were like, “F-- that”. We knew a lot of people in LA. We got our own sponsor, our own venue. All the Trumps showed up. It was better than what they would’ve done.

On the day after the finale…
It’s just over. It’s not doing as well as it used to. When 7 million people are watching you every week, that’s better than some other shows. Once it’s over, they’re like “Peace out”. You get on a plane & go home.


On rumors that she’s writing a book…
Yes, I have two different book ideas with two different agents. I write crazy fast, I’ve been a magazine editor/writer, I was an English teacher. One book idea is about shameless self promotion – how to get yourself into the limelight. The other idea floating around is called The Pink Healing – women holding other women back at work. I’ve been interviewed about it all across the country.

On life after The Apprentice…
I’m still working with my PR firm. I was a tv reporter for a while, I have that background. I’d love to get into TV hosting. I’m a media whore – I don’t deny that.

Please visit Jenn Hoffman's official website to stay up to date on what she's up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BABABOOEE!

Google