Monday, April 23, 2007

A Reality Check With ... Stefani Schaeffer - WINNER The Apprentice 6

Stefani, 32, was born in Burbank, California and raised in Palm Springs. She graduated in the top 10% of her class from Southwestern University School of Law. Stefani has been a trial attorney for one of the largest California defense firms, defending California employers against worker's compensation. In her spare time, she enjoys snow skiing, golf, tennis, scuba diving, karate, motorcyle riding and volunteering. Last night, Donald Trump named her the 6th Apprentice. She takes time out of her hectic schedule to talk to me about the live finale & the experience of being on "The Apprentice".




RC: Congratulations on being named the new Apprentice! Have you had time to process everything?
Stefani: No, I have no idea what’s going on.

RC: Tell me about being at the Hollywood Bowl – was that a surreal feeling or what?
Stefani: It really was! It was even more impressive to watch it on television later. I recorded it, went home, and watched it back later. I can’t believe it started

RC: What has your schedule been like since winning last night?
Stefani: I didn’t get much sleep. I went to bed at about 2am & I have been on telephone interviews since very early. We left the show, we had a bunch of interviews & pictures. After that, we went to an after party where more interviews & pictures were taken.

RC: It was brought up that you were never project manager during the live finale. You must have anticipated that. Did you plan out how you were going to answer that?
Stefani: No, I just sort of did that off the cuff. I anticipated that it would come up because there’s never been an Apprentice who has never been project manager.

RC: Going into the finale, did you feel comfortable & confident?
Stefani: I was weirdly calm yesterday, I wasn’t nervous at all. I found that personally surprising. I was very excited to be there & so pleased to be there to see everyone.

RC: I did like your Renuzit commercial better than Frank & Nicole’s but the Trumps weren’t impressed with either. What went wrong?
Stefani: I don’t think anything went wrong. I thought it was great, it was really funny! The only thing I can say about it is that we were short on time, we didn’t get all the footage we wanted but the voiceover took care of that.

RC: Trump brought up during the live finale that he didn’t like things James had said throughout the interview process. It was very vague … did you know what he meant by that?

Stefani: I really don’t know what he was referencing. It was a long process & people say lots of different things in the heat of the moment.

RC: When I spoke with Kristine, she felt you were more of a “Kinetic” person rather than an “Arrow” person. Looking back, are you glad you were with “Arrow” throughout this experience?
Stefani: You know, I heard that from some of the Kinetic members. I appreciate that & find it to be a compliment but in retrospect, I was very glad to be a part of Arrow. We’re all very creative & we were such a great group. Yes, it was mostly guys & yes, it resembled a frat party but the mother in me kept them in line.



RC: What was your favorite task to work on?
Stefani: I have three! My favorite tasks were: the tour bus task, the Lexus task (I drive one), and the other great task was the Vegas task. That was really amazing! That was the first time it was a construction based task which I love. I really got to show Mr. Trump what I can do!

RC: On your website, I see that you do a lot of charity work for the American Cancer Society. Tell us about the work that you do.
Stefani: Thank you for asking. I have a family history of breast cancer & I decided to get involved. When they have different campaigns going on, I help out & try to raise as much money as I can. Right now, we have Daffodil Days going on. People can go on
my website for all the information & make a donation.

RC: What’s your schedule like now as you prepare to work on the new Trump project in the Dominican Republic?
Stefani: I know nothing! I know that I’m flying to New York to be on Regis & Kelly tomorrow morning. That’s all I know. I feel a little bit like I’m in the CIA!

RC: Have you left this experience with good friends or was it all business?
Stefani: While I was in the process, it was all business because the competitive spirit comes out. I did take away quite a few wonderful friends. Certainly, Frankie & James, Muna, Heidi … you just can’t help it!






1 comment:

Tyson Holt said...

Thanks great bloog post

Google